SPF checking now works at pobox.com!

2005-03-12 13:59:57
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, David MacQuigg wrote:

SPF checking for my account macquigg(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com is ON.  I believe
that was
the default, because I don't remember changing it.  Messages that fail an
SPF check are supposed to be bounced.  As we found out before, that is not
really happening.  You are welcome to send me test messages if you want to
experiment.

Looks like it is working now:

220 gold.pobox.com ESMTP Postfix
HELO mail.bmsi.com
250 gold.pobox.com
MAIL FROM: <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com>
250 Ok
RCPT TO: <dmq(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
554 <dmq(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>: Recipient address rejected: spf returned DENY:
Please see
http://spf.pobox.com/why(_dot_)html?sender=stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com&ip=141.156.111.136&receiver=gold.pobox.com

I guess we shamed them into fixing it :-)

Notice that the reject doesn't come until *after* RCPT TO because
their policy is determined by the recipient.