Email Authentication Article

2005-03-13 09:54:07
Looks like I was too late. The article I was intending to submit to IEEE Spectrum has already been written.
http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/wonews/jan05/0105ndom.html

There are a few errors, as usual. AOL gets the credit for SPF. Microsoft is credited with having registered 218,000 domains for SenderID.

And some misleading statements: "To facilitate widespread adoption, Yahoo! and Microsoft are granting royalty-free, nonexclusive licenses to any domain owner who wants to implement DomainKeys or Sender ID." No mention of Open Source, or questioning the need for patents.

The article strongly favors DomainKeys, due to the problem with forwarders.

Unfortunately, there is no online feedback for the article. If anyone cares, you might want to contact the IEEE Spectrum editors on behalf of the SPF community.

We also need a solution to the problems with forwarders. Yes, I know about SRS and SUBMITTER=. The problems are easily solved, technically. The real problem is public awareness, especially journalists. I have what might be a solution to that problem, but I don't want to restart an old debate.

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD              * email:  dmq'at'gci-net.com   *  *
* IC Design Engineer               * phone:  USA 520-721-4583  *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *