RE: Re: DNS load research

2005-03-21 14:26:39
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Guy
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 4:18 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Re: DNS load research

You said:
"It's an interesting idea, but only of use to those with dedicated DNS
servers."

I ask:
Why?  I don't understand?

Thanks,
Guy

Because you are going to have to run a program to do the compile on the
server.  You need to have access to it.  I suppose that a dedicated server
isn't strictly speaking necessary.  I can see where in the long run if this
provides a significant performance benifit, then it may be something that
commercial DNS providers do.

Perhaps a better way to say it is that if people who don't run their own DNS
server, they have no way to implement this idea, so the overall processing
limits can't demand that this be run.  Changing every DNS server on the
internet can't be a requirement for SPF.

Scott Kitterman