Upgrading SPF Checkers

2005-04-01 08:56:27
At 06:22 AM 4/1/2005 -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I think the lack of an RFC is much more important
than 1 query or 2.  The 'Hack' solves 90% of the problem and is immediately
deployable.

How long will it take to agree on a basic mask syntax? That is the only thing I see in the critical path.

Why worry about how long it will take to deploy upgraded SPF checkers? If it takes a year, so what?

What is the cost of upgrading SPF checkers? Is there a common check_host() function that can be updated, then simply linked in to any mail server program currently using check_host ?

-- Dave
* David MacQuigg, PhD      email:  dmquigg-spf at yahoo.com      *  *
* IC Design Engineer            phone:  USA 520-721-4583      *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                 *  *  *
*                                   9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.              Tucson, Arizona 85710        *