Re: Upgrading SPF Checkers

2005-04-01 10:49:04
David MacQuigg wrote:
At 06:22 AM 4/1/2005 -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I think the lack of an RFC is much more important
than 1 query or 2. The 'Hack' solves 90% of the problem and is immediately
deployable.

How long will it take to agree on a basic mask syntax? That is the only thing I see in the critical path.

The council hasn't said anything about a subsequent draft since December. Could it be that _it_ is the critical path?

Maybe we need to think about publishing the next draft independent of the council.

Why worry about how long it will take to deploy upgraded SPF checkers? If it takes a year, so what?

My thoughts exactly.

What is the cost of upgrading SPF checkers? Is there a common check_host() function that can be updated, then simply linked in to any mail server program currently using check_host ?

Once the various libspfs are updated, updating the applications that do SPF may be an easy thing to do.

Radu.