Re: IESG and the Sender's Identity

2005-04-13 18:17:34
 What MIME types does a recipient support?
 What servers does a target host support?
 With extremely few exceptions, Internet mechanisms do not support a
 test-before-using model.

 If I read your reply correctly, you would support such an initiative which
 would advertise what else is available.

My main point was that the absence of similar mechanisms suggests that it
might be difficult to create one for this case.

Such mechanisms seem inherently useful, so their absence from 35 years of
operational effort implies the presence of some barriers.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking