Re: PermError and NXDOMAIN in spf-01

2005-05-22 03:04:56
Julian Mehnle wrote:

Wayne Schlitt wrote:
I think that treating NXDOMAIN as None is the most logical thing.  If
i-hate-spf.com doesn't want anything to do with SPF, then an SPF check
against nxdomain.i-hate-spf.com should return None, not PermError.

I don't see the point of your argument. Receivers aren't supposed to subject obviously invalid identities to SPF checks. If they want, they can very well accept mail from nxdomain.i-hate-spf.com, but they should not subject it to SPF.

From another thread, I believe the only case where talking about NXDOMAIN in relation to SPF makes sense is when it occurs as a result of include= or redirect=, and that has (I believe) already been flushed out in another thread.

Bill