RE: Does the dnsstuff.com SPF tool have a bug in it or am I reading this wrong....

2005-06-08 10:08:33
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Terry
Fielder
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:48 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Does the dnsstuff.com SPF tool have a bug in
it or am I reading this wrong....

Perhaps they are intentionally overriding to NEUTRAL for blocks they
know are non routable (e.g. 192.168.  or 10.) in to help fools that
would otherwise use SPF against their MTA's clients.

Terry

Scott Kitterman wrote:
The test below should get a FAIL, but dnsstuff says NEUTRAL:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/spf.ch?server=kitterman.com&ip=192.168.0.1

Any thoughts?

Scott K

No, I tried it with a real IP too.  I think Alex's reminder that he's
reported this before is the answer.

Anybody know anbody at dnsstuff to complain to?

Scott K