RE: Does the dnsstuff.com SPF tool have a bug

2005-06-08 10:52:46

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of David
MacQuigg
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:42 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Does the dnsstuff.com SPF tool have a bug

At 01:08 PM 6/8/2005 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

The test below should get a FAIL, but dnsstuff says NEUTRAL:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/spf.ch?server=kitterman.com&ip=192.168.0.1

Any thoughts?

Scott K

No, I tried it with a real IP too.  I think Alex's reminder that he's
reported this before is the answer.

Anybody know anbody at dnsstuff to complain to?

It looks like a bug to me.  The simpler record at spf.pobox.com easily
generates fails.  Maybe the tool isn't handling your includes
correctly.  Can you experiment by removing the includes?

If you post the problem to http://www.dnsstuff.com/pages/forums.htm, you
will usually get a quick response from Scott Perry.

-- Dave

Thanks,

I posted a message, we'll see what happens.

Scott K