Re: spf.pobox.com hosting has been switched

2005-06-16 06:39:53
In
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)44(_dot_)0506152021550(_dot_)2318-100000(_at_)bmsred(_dot_)bmsi(_dot_)com>
 "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com> writes:

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, wayne wrote:

Some progress on the website front.  The spf.pobox.com domain is now
pointing to the box that Julian and I are working on for the website.
It is currently still running *exactly* the same code as the old
spf.pobox.com site.  We want to change one variable at a time.

Thank you, thank you, for addressing the website problem.

You are most welcome.

Ok, now that it has been running a while, I can tell you that the
amount of bandwidth that the spf.pobox.com website uses is only about
60% of the bandwidth that I am providing to the T-FWL.  But then,
there are six name servers for the T-FWL, so in the bandwidth used by
the T-FWL is really much greater.

So, bandwidth is *not* a problem, nor is CPU speed.  It is running on
a 500MHz P4(?) and the loadavg is rarely goes over 0.05.

Mirrors so that we don't have a single point of failure are still
going to be important.  I don't care if it is a hardware problem, or
someone being hit by a vegetable truck, we need to be able to survive
and have someone else take over.

Question, is there another alias for the site that does not say 'pobox.com'?

Not really.  Not at this time.

-wayne