Re: IETF datatracker updates

2005-06-16 16:46:27
In
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)62(_dot_)0506161530050(_dot_)27458(_at_)sokol(_dot_)elan(_dot_)net>
 "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> writes:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=print_ballot&ballot_id=1573&filename=draft-lyon-senderid-core

Last Call to expire on:

                       Yes  No-Objection  Discuss  Abstain
Brian Carpenter      [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Bill Fenner          [   ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]
Ted Hardie           [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]
Sam Hartman          [   ]     [   ]     [ . ]     [ X ]
Scott Hollenbeck     [   ]     [   ]     [ . ]     [ X ]
Russ Housley         [   ]     [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]
David Kessens        [   ]     [   ]     [ . ]     [ X ]
Allison Mankin       [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Jon Peterson         [   ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]
Mark Townsley        [   ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]
Margaret Wasserman   [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Bert Wijnen          [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Alex Zinin           [   ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]

"Yes" or "No-Objection" positions from 2/3 of non-recused ADs are
needed for approval.

[Also new IESG Note has been added see **]

Vote Count for SID -
   Total ADs: 13
   Abstain: 3
   Total non-recused ADs: 10
   Need for pass: 2/3 of 10 = 6.6 -> 7
   Total Pass Votes: 5
    of above - Yes Votes: 1
    of above - No Objection Votes: 4

William:

I am certainly no expert on how the IETF/IESG works and I'll be the
first to admit that I'm as confused as heck about all this.

That said, I am not sure that your calculations are correct.

First off, why did you delete off the voting line for Harald
Alvestrand?  If his vote doesn't count, why would he have a voting
line?  (The SPF voting is similar, only there are two extra people
with voting lines.)  I'm not sure that you sould take the "ADs" part
too literally, because Brian Carpenter is not an AD.

Secondly, I don't think "abstain" is the same as "recused".  "Abstain"
is about the closest you can come to a "no" vote on the IESG
balleting.

The following URL seems to give as complete an explanation as I have
seen on the voting:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_evaluation_desc

Oh, and thank you very much for all the help you have been with SPF,
especially in regards to explaining how the IETF works and such.  I
greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure others do too.

-wayne