Re: IESG update

2005-06-23 16:50:20

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, wayne wrote:

Well, tomorrow (Friday) may well be a very interesting IESG meeting.

Yes it is.

Recently, the SPF-classic I-D has gained two yes votes (one was
previously a 'discuss').

It only has one yes vote. Mark Townsley however also added his vote
with "no objection".

And, true to his word, Ted Hardie has changed his discuss back to Yes now that the issues I asked him to consider (standard track and the relationship with MARID) have been resolved.

If I count things correctly, SPF is still one vote short of getting
approval, with 4 people who haven't voted yet.  Of course, any IESG
member can change the their vote at any time, so would could move
backwards, but I think we are much more likely to move forward.

Almost there.

Jon Peterson         [   ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]
Mark Townsley        [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Margaret Wasserman   [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Bert Wijnen          [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]     [   ]
Alex Zinin           [   ]     [   ]     [   ]     [   ]

Again, 9 votes are needed, SID has 7, with 3 voters left to cast a
vote.

Left Ads are not the ones who you would normally see voting for application-only draft.

My prediction:  Either both sets will pass tomorrow, or they both won't.

Its not for nothing that in telechat agenda SID drafts are listed first...

But I think the chair will still have to permit vote for SPF even if one
for SID fails and some AD (not necessarily Ted) still asks for a vote.

So I view chances that SPF being passed if SID fails at 50%

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks