Re: Re: enough with the web site

2005-06-25 05:29:19

Frank Ellermann wrote:
Chuck Mead wrote:

obviously some are unaware that we are genuinely doing
things to change it.

The obvious parts are the same lame layout with the same
lame "an essential part of Sender-ID" and the same lame
"please pardon our dust", so what you say is plain wrong.

Well since you have obviously not given *ENOUGH* information on this I
can see why you would think that. Here's what's been going on:

1. Control. We had to get control of the web site. A number of things
were required (in no particular order).

a. Get DNS for the existing site pointed at a new location. This is done
(though we were led a merry chase).

[csm(_at_)stealth ~]$ dig spf.pobox.com

;; ANSWER SECTION:
spf.pobox.com.          40      IN      CNAME   spf.schlitt.net.
spf.schlitt.net.        259180  IN      A       67.52.51.36

So the site is no longer being hosted at pobox.com. Sound good?

b. Get a copy of the existing content. This is done also though we were
led a merry chase on this one as well. (The fact that the site is hosted
somewhere else and yet it still has the same content leads me to believe
that what I say is true... how about you Frank... sound like the ring of
truth?)

c. Copyrights. Though we will certainly be dumping a good bit of the
content from the current site some of it is reputedly worth keeping.
That said, there is copyrighted material on the site as it is now and we
have to get rights to use it. We don't have this yet.

2. Webmaster. We do not have one yet. There were discussions about the
volunteers yesterday and I *THINK* a decision was made. Hopefully so.

3. Domain names. Have you seen the discussions about this? Surely you
are not overlooking them. Community consensus is being sought for the
proper domain name(s) and someone responsible for riding herd on
it|them. Your unwarranted criticism tells me you must have missed this.

4. New content. We don't have any. Have you written any articles that
could be used on the new site once it's ready? Has anyone?

I could go on but I'm not going to... though I recognize that people are
dissatisfied with the web site *THERE* *ARE* *THINGS* *BEING* *DONE*
*TO* *FIX* *IT* and continued criticism of the site is a waste of
everyone's time and bandwidth. Why not take the same time you would use
to criticize and write something publishable for the new site?

Lets consider this a status report then shall we?

- --
csm(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com, head geek
http://moongroup.com