Re: SPF and SenderID

2005-06-28 23:28:33
Craig Whitmore schreef:
I was looking at microsoft.com/senderid and they suggest you goto
http://www.anti-spamtools.org/SenderIDEmailPolicyTool/Default.aspx
to set up your SPF rules.
but it seems broken

It is indeed.

I have spam.co.nz and it says "No SPF record has been found for the
domain spam.co.nz. However, MX and/or A records currently exist for this
domain."

(but there is), but finds it on the next page and if I select "both"
down the bottom, it gives me only 1

(I have to choose them differnently)

so it says

v=spf1 ip4:219.88.242.0/27 -all
and
spf2.0/pra ip4:219.88.242.0/27 -all

shouldn't that be "v=spf2.0/pra...." ?

No. If you want to use your selection of mechanisms for both, you only
need a "v=spf1..." record, since Microsoft in all their wisdom have
decided that is how they will treat it in the absence of an
"spf2.0/pra..." record. If you want PRA testing only, you need an
"spf2.0/pra..." record. The worst thing is, that if you don't want your
"v=spf1..." record abused for PRA testing, you MUST (according to MS)
specifically opt-out of it by adding a "spf2.0/pra ?all" record.

Or with  SenderID is it optional (they both pass when sending to
check-auth(_at_)verifier(_dot_)port25(_dot_)com

Thanks
Craig

subscription, please go to