Re: SPF and Webmin

2005-06-29 15:41:00
...... Original Message .......
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:30:53 +0200 johnp <johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com> wrote:

Scott Kitterman wrote:
For a project like this I believe he needs to go to the spec.  Great
effort
has gone into making it as clear and comprehensive as possible.

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.html

I believe it is unreasonable to ask webmin to try to create records for
people when we
can't get our own wizard to work properly.  It would be enough if webmin
checked the
syntax of a TXT record entered by the user.

Slainte
JohnP

I don't disagree, but if a developer wants to understand SPF, they need to
read the spec, not a paraphrase.

I am working, in my copious free time, on a better validator/tester.

Scott K