Re: SPF and Webmin

2005-06-29 16:39:30

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, johnp wrote:

Scott Kitterman wrote:
For a project like this I believe he needs to go to the spec. Great effort has gone into making it as clear and comprehensive as possible.

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.html

I believe it is unreasonable to ask webmin to try to create records for people when we can't get our own wizard to work properly. It would be enough if webmin checked the syntax of a TXT record entered by the user.

I agree with that as well. It would be good if webmin recognized and marked DNS txt record with SPF as "SPF" and not allowed entering invalid
data in there, but beyond that it should not try to do and instead should
point to another site offering more explanation and wizard to help decide
what the record should be.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks