Re: Role of SPF in fighting spam

2005-06-29 17:00:20
David MacQuigg wrote:

Let's discuss only the issues at hand

1st issue: please trim your posts,

it seems like getting rid of fake bounces is only getting rid
of a minor annoyance.  They can be rejected by other means
just as well.

2nd issue: define "minor annoyance" for say a V.90 user like me
           getting about 1000 backscatter mails per day over 6
           months

3rd issue: propose a simple filter deleting backscatter without
           deleting good bounces / good vacation mails / etc.

4th issue: tell me the root password of my ISP, because I want
           to implement your solution #3 - if it doesn't work,
           well, shit happens, you said you pay, didn't you ?

5th issue: explain for sysadmins using SPF to reject FAIL, why
           it's better for them when I "just hit del" for this
           as you say "minor annoyance".
                                        Bye, Frank