Re: Re: Role of SPF in fighting spam

2005-06-29 17:59:57
At 02:00 AM 6/30/2005 +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:
David MacQuigg wrote:
1st issue: please trim your posts,
Is this better? I prefer to have all relevant prior context quoted, but then I find it easy to scroll past the quoted section. I find your posts hard to follow, because I can't remember the prior context. I guess I'm trying to do too many things at once.
> it seems like getting rid of fake bounces is only getting rid
> of a minor annoyance.  They can be rejected by other means
> just as well.
I didn't mean to start a whole new tangent here, and I'm sorry if I underestimated the importance of eliminating backscatter in the benefits of SPF. To me the big benefit is still the possibility of eliminating spam. If SPF is successful, I believe the rest of the pieces of a complete solution to the spam problem will follow. That is the main reason for my interest in SPF. I believe others on this list share my goals, but maybe I have misunderstood.

--
Dave