Re: Border Appliances

2005-06-30 13:06:03
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Hector Santos wrote:
I predict that if this isn't address in the relatively near future,
Developers of SPF servers will enforce it themselves by caching the first
time SPF transaction with a relaxed policy and setting its own time limits.
I started to program such a logic but didn't put into practice.

I already do a primitive reputation system like you describe, but based
on number of spams, not time.  When the number of spams
with relaxed results from a domain exceeds a threshhold, I no longer
accept relaxed results from that domain.  Current list is:

reject_neutral = aol.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, arosii.com,
        oracle.com, msn.com, rr.com, egroups.com, gmail.com

"reject_neutral" also rejects softfail.