RE: Increase Yahoo.com spoofing?

2005-07-13 11:07:58
Yep, tons of spam with from yahoo.com

[]'s
--
Renato de Castro Henriques

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Hector
Santos
Sent: quarta-feira, 13 de julho de 2005 14:40
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Increase Yahoo.com spoofing?

Is it just me or are you seeing an increase amount of spam from yahoo.com
2821.MAIL FROM: and 2822.From addresses?  In other words, they are both the
same and no attempt to hid it (bye bye PRA!!)

This past week the transactions from yahoo.com domains have sky rocketed!

It seems to me that spammers are now piggy backing on Yahoo's recent media
news on DomainKeys to give users the illusion that if the email is  from
Yahoo.com, it must be "ok" even if the 2822 payload has no DomainKey
information.

Although a good bit of them are CBV rejected, many are coming passing CBV.

Man, it would be a lot easier if YAHOO.COM adding a SPF record!  I mean,
they are coming from all over!!  It is definitely no coincidence.

Comments?

http://www.santronics.com