Enon.com Customer SPF Records Being Fixed

2005-07-21 15:37:46
Hi everyone..

Enom.com are fixing all their clients SPF records up shortly (They have a LOT
of broken SPF records for their customers)

From ENOM..
-------------------------
Craig, My DNS guys say that the spf spec has been updated since they
implemented it.  They've confirmed that they need to change "ip" to
"ip4".
They said that the spec says that if the record is broken that the
receiving mail server should allow the mail (until spf becomes more
pervasive, which I guess it now is) Anyway, they will fix this and also
be making other changes they tell me by tomorrow.
Thanks again very much for pointing out this issue,

Regarding their points on the SPF specs changing from ip: -> ip4: When was
this? (or did it ever)
And in regards to broken SPF records they should be rejected AFAIK?

Thanks
Craig