Re: Broken SPF Records Update

2005-08-02 16:26:22
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 05:09:27PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Craig Whitmore wrote:

eloan.com:
Craig: just for the record, it is a mistake to believe that including a
domain that doesn't have an SPF record means that your SPF record is broken.
It just ain't true. We don't have any New Zealand customers, so I'm not
concerned anyway, but by over-interpreting standards, you're
actually hurting the internet, not helping it. IMHO. :-)

Just for the record, Craig is wrong.

I think you got message and reply mixed up.

Just for the record: Craig told them their record was broken,
they don't agree.

Including something that does not exist is, indeed, permerror.

domainsite.com._spf.name.com  SPF "v=spf1 mx:domainsite.com ... -all"
name.com      SPF "v=spf1 mx ... include:domainsite.com._spf.name.com -all"

I think my solution is much more elegant and workable.

Have you read the entire thread?

Alex