RE: Broken SPF Records Update

2005-08-02 21:37:22
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Scott Kitterman wrote:

In my SPF implementation, this will pass if the IP matches
any A or MX records for either a.com or b.com.  Otherwise, it
results in PermError (infinite recursion).  Since the PermError
is detected immediately upon seeing the second include, it is
efficient.

Are you sure, using strict on the validator these records tripped on the
processing limits, not on the recursion code.

My mistake.  The CNAME loop check has a dictionary to short circuit
infinite recursion.  I haven't yet added one for include loops.  I'm not sure
that we should, either.  People might do strange things like have an exists
mechanism that will match the second time around, and declaring 'infinite loop'
before the lookups are exhausted would break their little scheme.