Website Update Request....

2005-08-10 05:33:42
Below is a current ticket from the SPF RT.  Could we please get a note added
about Windows DNS or maybe just a link to go here:

http://www.michaelbrumm.com/spfwindowsdns/

Scott K

[Snip - Tue Aug 09 21:39:47 2005]:

message: A user recently had problems e-mailing someone.  Our system
   is Exchange 2000 and our Authoritative DNS server is DNS on Windows
   2000.

Their tech support said that our SPF record was wrong.  Our SPF record
   is:
"v=spf1 mx ptr a:dc1smtp1.mprdc.com -all"

I got this from the SPF Wizard on your site.  We were told that the
   "'s are wrong.  If I rerun your Wizard, the results include the
   quotes.  If I run the SPF Wizard at Microsoft, the results do not
   include the quotes.

You may want to fix that, or (if quotes are valid for the SPF record
   on other DNS systems) note that when using MS DNS, you may need to
   exclude the quotes.

Thanks.

The instructions I've seen for MS DNS are here:

http://www.michaelbrumm.com/spfwindowsdns/

Does that look right to you?  I'll pass this on to the web site maintainers.

Thanks,

Scott K