RE: Update on Broken SPF Records

2005-08-13 22:35:00
...... Original Message .......
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:04:52 -0500 "Herb Martin"
<HerbM(_at_)learnquick(_dot_)com>
wrote:
So is there a RELIABLE and ACCURATE validator?

Is there an official one that is both RFC compliant and RFC
strict?

SPF is dangerous to implement (due to the way some people
use the results) if there is no way to determine the correctness.

Those that just removed their SPF records may be doing the
right thing -- I certainly considered it when I discovered the
"10 lookup rule" that isn't clearly documented and warned at
SPF.pobox.com.

My ISP also nearly screwed me up by quietly changing some
SmartHost IP addresses (that is, without notification.)

The one I did is the closest thing to it that I know of. If the are any
ways it doesn't align to the current draft, please let me know and I'll fix
it.

http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

Scott K