Re: Digest 1.951 for spf-discuss

2005-08-23 10:10:00
At 01:52 AM 8/23/2005 -0400, you wrote:
From: Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex(_at_)ergens(_dot_)op(_dot_)het(_dot_)net>
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Effectiveness of compliance testing
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:55:43 +0200

Pobox is right to check. They are NOT false rejects.

Alex
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. Our own server is set so that the PTR
name has no "A" record on purpose, to foil worms and spammers who search
for or guess common email server names (such as mail, mx, smtp). As far as
I know there is nothing in the standards that says it has to agree, and
even if there was I would not change it. The PTR record type itself is
outdated and next to useless.

J.A. Coutts