Re: [spf-discuss] solving the forwarding problem

2005-09-10 07:31:22
On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 03:41:06PM +0200, David wrote:

forwarders just do forwarding, they do not abuse anything.

According to "v=spf1 a -all" they do.  That's what the policy
dictates.

this is acording to a concrete (yours) spf policy , from a non
spf point of view or in general case they abuse nothing.

That is an opinion.  Suppose I started sending emails, using your
name as originator address.  Would you consider that abuse?  Yes?

And what if I would only do so with messages I receive from this
list, that were originally sent by you?  Still yes?

What happens when you start receiving non-delivery-notifications:
Would you be annoyed?

Have you answered any of the above questions with yes?  If so, why
do you consider "forwarders" to be different?

But let's forget about this all for now.  What do you have to say
about the four scenarios I presented (especially the fourth) ?

Alex