Re: [spf-discuss] FTC email authentication test results

2005-09-14 09:26:39
That's it?

Just four companies/people responded to the US FTC questionnaire?

Wow! Unbelievable. I'm shocked.

Am I missing something?  Where is Microsoft? AOL? Cisco?  Where is Yahoo?
More importantly, where is Crocker, Otis, Levine and all these "Mail
Experts" and companies with their version of the next best thing?  Where is
Levine's "Anti-spam Research" result?  Frankly, as far as I am concern,
these guys lost their right to tell anyone about anything in the fight
against spam and the future of the email system.

http://www.santronics.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion
To: "SPF discussions" <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:58 PM
Subject: [spf-discuss] FTC email authentication test results

fyi;

Last June, the US Federal Trade Commission solicited evaluations of
email authentication standards.  See:
https://secure.commentworks.com/FTC-EmailAuthenticationQuestionnaire/

I just noticed that the FTC has published the answers they received.
There were only 4 of them.  See:
http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/emailauthentication_testing/

-wayne