[spf-discuss] update on the SPF RFC

2005-10-06 13:57:29

fyi;

There are signs that the SPF I-D is actually moving through the RFC queue,
although nothing appears to have actually happened to it yet.

First of, the updated ABNF RFC which the SPF I-D depends on has now
been published (RFC4234, which replaces RFC2234).  This has been noted
on the RFC queue web page.

Secondly, there used to be a couple of I-Ds between the SPF and
SenderID I-Ds, and these are now gone.  I wish I had recorded their
names to see if they have already been published, or if they were
withdrawn, or if things had moved around.  archive.org wasn't any help
since it only shows web pages older than something like 6 months.

Finally, there are a few I-Ds just a little bit up the queue that have
had their status changed from "edit" (e.g. the RFC Editor needs to
edit them).

So, maybe in a few months something will actually happen with the SPF
I-D.

-wayne