[spf-discuss] Positive feedback on DSN for SPF None

2005-10-03 10:33:39
Pymilter sends a DSN for mail which has no ID, that is: no/dyn PTR,
no/dyn/invalid HELO, no SPF.  While mostly these are ignored, I do
get some responses - all positive.  Here is a recent response:

----
to: Postmaster(_at_)mail(_dot_)xxxxxxxx(_dot_)com

thanks for taking time to offer the below advice to me.
our ip address is not 202.133.67.221
someone is "Joe-Jobbing" our domain name / email address.

I'll discuss your suggestions with Postini who handles spam filtering
service.

again i appreciate your explanation.

brgds/bluewater/matt boucree
----

While the "current RFC only" purists are rolling their eyes, I do encourage
MTAs to treat lack of any id as a warning worthy of a DSN - or even
blocking such mail altogether (as I do on my own domain).

My only concern is that someone might have a type of ID that my
software doesn't know about yet.  That is why I was looking at CSV earlier
(I gave up because the proponents don't respond to email requesting
help setting it up).

DK and SID don't count, because I am looking for a valid *envelope* id.