RE: [spf-discuss] Validity of macros?

2005-10-16 21:12:55
I am sorry... what is this??????????????

  _____

From: Andreas Saurwein [mailto:saurwein(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:03 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Validity of macros?

Evening,

I am having slight problems with the validity of SPF macros in regard to
availability of the data, depending on the kind of test.
When doing a HELO check, for example the macros s, l, and o will not be
available, yet the spec does not exclude their use or suggest alternatives.
At the other side, doing a MFROM check, must the h macro resolve? Is the
HELO data required for an MFROM check? Again the spec does not provide
guidelines for these cases.

Regards,
Andreas

PS: if anyone is interested in testing a full OOP/C++ implementation of SPF,
please contact me off-list. The implementation will be made available as GPL
or alike.

  _____

Sender Policy Framework: http://spf.pobox.com/ Archives at