[spf-discuss] RE: [spf-council] SPF Council Meeting: Sunday Nov 20th, 22:00 UTC

2005-11-18 17:27:19

Best guesses (no matter what "width") should not be present in reference implementation - it should do EXACTLY what the draft specifies (and documentation with reference implementation MUST include the draft
as well).

You're welcome of course to keep the same package available with "best guesses" at CPAN but create subset of it that can be used as reference
implementation and available separately.

P.S. If current perl code maintainer does not have time to create
subset without best guesses, I'm willing to volunteer and do it over
the weekend, but I'm not regular perl programmer and its better if done
by somebody who actually works as perl software engineer or similar.

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Mark wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: wayne [mailto:wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net]
Sent: vrijdag 18 november 2005 21:36
To: SPF council
Subject: [spf-council] SPF Council Meeting: Sunday Nov 20th, 22:00 UTC

I will try to get the agenda out soon.

While we're at it, perhaps we can also briefly look into the 'best-guess'
issue, currently being talked about on discuss. Whether or not to keep
it in Mail::SPF::Query; or to set it a more reasonable width, minus the
/24 bit (which option I'd like).

At such time we might also quickly touch upon the status of the new
reference implementation to be. Shevek has been doing new stuff on CPAN,
but it seems by no means completed yet.

- Mark