Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF adoption statistics

2005-11-21 13:14:12

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion

I will also be changing best guess to create a separate header to
keep Hector happy.

Do it to keep you happy and I hope the market based on standards. No just
me. :-)

While his objection doesn't apply to internal mail
processing, it should be done if I want pymilter to be widely used.

I can understand this for a private, totally customized single site system.

But if you were a VAR or SI, for example, that was integrating different
parts for a more generalized solution offering,  the general SPF compliant
MAIL FILTER engine parts may not understand the PERL based best guess
option.

So it is just a simple "Industrial or Systems Engineers" design 101 concept
for integrating unit operations (Unit Ops) based on standarization between
all off-the-shelf components of the systems.

I can take a SMTP server, customize it to death and make it work fantastic
on my system by making everything else work with it.  But can I now sell it
to others who might want to use other parts?  I don't think that would go
every well.

Anyway.... Just my input.

http://www.santronics.com