[spf-discuss] Re: spf fail

2006-01-10 03:39:13
Dick St.Peters wrote:

Does "the spec" have any real meaning when there's no RFC yet

There is an approved RFC, it only hasn't got its number yet,
and it lacks some minor editorial cleanup, on the procedural
side it waits for 2476bis to get its number.  I've posted that
"official" state here yesterday at the end of:

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss/20066>

If you don't believe me or Bill's tools check out their source:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html#draft-schlitt-spf-classic

and all the drafts have expired?

Approved RFCs without number don't expire, no matter what the
expiration says, they sit in the RfC editor queue and wait for
their turn.  For a summary of the "parking area" from the IETF
POV see http://rtg.ietf.org/Test/parking

                            Bye, Frank