Re: [spf-discuss] Microsoft's spf record format

2006-02-22 08:04:02
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 05:28:38PM +0700, Benny Chandra wrote:
Dear all,

I've implementing spf record for my domain (iris.co.id), and used the
spf test tools provided from
http://www.dnsstuff.com/pages/spf.htm and
http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/spfcheck.asp to check my spf record and the
record is successfully recognised.

But when I use the test tool from Microsoft,
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wiz
ard/Default.aspx, the tool cannot find my spf record.

Can anybody tell me why Microsoft cannot identify my spf record? Is
microsoft implement a different spf format?

Please realize that MS only does PRA checking, even though the SenderID
spec allows for MFROM checking. I'd suggest 2 records in DNS, one for
SenderID, one for SPF. I'd recommend this even if the MFROM and header
from (RFC822) are the same.

SPF:
spf=v1 {remaining record}

SenderID
spf2.0/pra {remaining record}

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Principal Engineer, Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com