Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Did I miss something?

2006-03-28 15:13:09
El Martes, 28 de Marzo de 2006 15:31, Julian Mehnle escribió:
Follow-ups to spf-devel(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com, please.

Roberto Alsina wrote:
I had libspf2 1.2.5 installed, and was doing some plugins for qmail.

So, I decided to do a SPF plugin.

So, I go to www.libspf2.org and start reading about the API.
Ok, so I get one of the patches (the postfix policyd to be exact) and
decide to start hacking the code to make it work as a plugin.

I rewrite, it's not much, it's 100 lines of code, a couple hours of
work....

And it doesn't build.

I'm no expert on libspf2, but if you're more specific, perhaps I or
somebody else can help.

Well, it fails as soon as you declare a variable because all types are named
differently from the API and (at least).

For example, the website tells you that you must use

void SPF_init_c_results(SPF_c_results_t *data)

And there is no SPF_c_results type (and no SPF_init_c_results function, for
that matter) in 1.2.5.

Is it me, or is the API documented in the website (and partly in the
tarball, for example API still contains references to SPF_c_results_t)
completely different from the API in the latest version the website has
for download?

I hacked the plugin together anyway by downloading the sources and
pilfering code from spf_example, but... how often do these changes
happen?

Changes to libspf2 don't happen very often anymore these days.  libspf2
1.2.5 was released quite some time ago.

Then please tell who manages the website to delete
http://www.libspf2.org/docs/api.html because it's not current.

Same thing about the MTA patches. I haven't checked them all, but the policyd
1.0.1 por postfix will not work with libspf2 1.2.5, and needs to be rewritten
for the latest API.

--
 ("\''/").__..-''"`-. .         Roberto Alsina
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina(_at_)kde(_dot_)org