Re: [spf-discuss] PermError: Too many DNS lookups at Microsoft.com

2006-05-06 11:18:30
Probably Harry Katz can get it the right person:

hkatz(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com

But I don't see this as a recursive problem. A High Overhead "crappy SPF
record", sure, but not recursive.

http://www.santronics.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Kitterman" <spf2(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] PermError: Too many DNS lookups at Microsoft.com

On 05/06/2006 13:48, Marc Chametzky wrote:
With my validator, the MS SPF record is raising an error because of
too
many DNS lookups.

My SPF engine also returns PermError for microsoft.com, too. By the time
I got to the last of the three includes in the main record, I had
already hit 10 DNS-lookup-counted mechanisms.

Main record: 4 (1 mx, 3 includes)
First include: 3 (2 a, 1 mx)
Second include: 4 (3 a, 1 mx)
Third include: 0

--Marc

Heh,

Someone should probably mention it to them.  Anyone know anyone at MS to
tell?

Scott K