Re: [spf-discuss] SPF vs Sender ID summary

2006-05-24 12:39:09
On Wed, 24 May 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

I suggest removing the word gratuitously.  That Sender ID is incompatible
with existing standards is a fact noted by the IESG in their note.  The
degree to which that incompatibility is gratuitous is a judgment.  Getting
away from the facts and into opinion opens the way to argument.  Just stick
to the facts.  They are good enough to make the case.

I wanted to convey the fact that the incompatibility is not part of
the (technical) design of Sender ID, and it not needed for proper operation
of Sender ID.  In fact, its presence causes problems with the operation
of Sender ID.