Re: [spf-discuss] SPF processing limits

2006-05-25 07:01:10
On Wed, 24 May 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

On a separate point, I would recommend that you don't patch pyDNS unless you
are willing to take over maintenance and packaging an create an actual fork
of the project.  Today, when pointing to the correct sources.list, I can
apt-get install pydns.  If you are going to use a non-standard version, I
think it would be better to either call it something different or take on
making sure the updates get into the same distribution channels that the
current pyDNS is in.  This is why, in my opinion, Type 99 support is in pySPF
and not in pyDNS.

Agreed.  That is why I patch pydns at runtime for type 99 support.
(Hmm.  I wonder if Ip6 support can be done the same way?)