Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF processing limits

2006-05-25 07:40:24
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Julian Mehnle wrote:

--[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
Julian Mehnle wrote:
You correctly point out that TempError should be for conditions that
are likely to resolve themselves.  But on the other hand, we don't
want PermError to be implementation defined.  Maybe we should have
had an ImplLimitError result.

Good idea for the future.  For now, however, I did not say that
"PermError" should be returned.  What I said is that it should be
treated as "no match" for the mechanism in question.

That is even worse than PermError - because then the SPF result
is implementation defined.