Re: [spf-discuss] NEUTRAL vs NONE for HELO

2006-06-21 14:53:32
On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 05:25:45PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

They do not need to change their hostname or publish -all.  They just need
to ensure that the SPF record gets pass for the MTAs that use example.com in
HELO.  The SPF can be neutral for all the other hosts sending mail
with example.com in MFROM.  But the set of MTAs using example.com
in HELO can only be finite and are not roaming, and can therefore
easily get a pass.

True.

Still, I have a feeling you shouldn't generate a message that may
be (mis)interpreted as "rejected due to SPF".

All right, I have a hard time thinking of any useful examples.
Another try:

Publishing "v=spf1 ?all" should be equivalent to not publishing at all.
What if example.com has this record?

Alex