Re: [spf-discuss] reject mails with SPF_FAIL on postfix 2.3

2006-07-29 06:02:32
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:54:46 +0530 Ramprasad
<ram(_at_)netcore(_dot_)co(_dot_)in> wrote:
Hi,
 Is there a way to reject mails at the MTA using postfix2.3
I would like to avoid running any seperate policy daemon. It would be
best if that could be configured within postfix

The policy daemon is approach that is recommended by the Postfix authors.
There are Postix patches to do it internally, but I don't believe any of
them have been updated for Postfix 2.3 yet.

Another option you now have new with Postfix 2.3 is to use a milter.  There
are a couple, at least, whose authors are active here and on spf-devel,
spf-milter and pyMilter.  I believe they are both linked on the
implementations page.

There are multiple policy daemons available too.  The spf-policyd-perl (I'm
doing these name from memory, so they may not be exactly right) that used
to be called just spf-policyd is Perl implementation that is included with
Postfix.  The version available from the SPF web site is newer.  I use
tumgreyspf, a Python implementation, and have had no troubles with it.  It
can use Python, Perl, or C SPF libraries.

In my experience, DNS latency is the biggest performance issue with SPF and
so you are unlikely to see a significant performance benifit from using a
patched Postfix vice a polcy daemon.

Scott K