Re: [spf-discuss] RFC 4409

2006-09-14 13:38:10
On Thursday 14 September 2006 15:23, Frank Ellermann wrote:
Hi, slightly off topic, SPF is 4408, not 4409, but from my POV
they are related.  I'd like to move 4409 to STD, and for that
I think that its chapter 8.1 "MAY add Sender" has to be fixed.

Before I bother the authors with this a quick sanity check, is
the following text okay ?

: The MSA MAY add or replace the 'Sender' or 'Resent-Sender'
: field, if the identity of the sender is known and this is
: not given in the 'From' field.
:
I don't like this.  I like what it says in 6.1/6.2 better.

If the MUA didn't address the message correctly, give it back to the
MUA/author to fix.  Don't guess.

Scott K