Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Header Order

2006-11-11 10:33:50
On Saturday 11 November 2006 12:16, David MacQuigg wrote:
So, Postfix puts the header in the right place with the policy engine.
We'll need to hear from Stuart of one of the other Milter authors to find
out about Sendmail.

The Milter API allows the Milter to "insert" a header at any position in
the existing header stack.  It seems to me we should follow a simple rule -
prepend every new header in exactly the order it is generated.  If the SPF
check is done before the body of the message is received, it ought to go
just below the Received: header.

The issue, as I understand it, with the Milter protocol is that libmilter
doesn't feed it's own received header to the milter and so exactly what is
supposed to happen is not well documented.  The thread of interest is here:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2006-11/thread.html#455

Scott K