[spf-discuss] Re: Received-SPF extensions

2007-02-25 01:43:57
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

most of the HELO Received-SPF header field is redundant, and having both
is confusing for those humans looking at the mail header.  I am not
*against* having both, and maybe I'll have an option to report HELO SPF
results in a second Received-SPF header.  But I dislike the redundancy
for aesthetic reasons.

Maybe limit Received-SPF for HELO identities to "interesting" results (?)

Also, when reputation code is processing Received-SPF headers from a
trusted relay/forwarder to find who to blame for the email, one-stop
shopping is cleaner.

If a trusted HELO PASS is the reason to skip further MAIL FROM checks
you have only one SPF result, that would be clean / clear.

And is my name ok?  Or do you prefer another name?

IMO anything X-guessed in a standard Received-SPF is dangerous.  Nothing's
wrong with guessing, but please make sure that it can't be confused with a
standard SPF result.  By humans or by SA bots... ;-)

Frank