Re: [spf-discuss] Received-SPF extensions

2007-02-26 09:06:15
On Saturday 24 February 2007 19:04, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:

was added by a trusted relay.  I'd suggest looking at what they did and
producing a result that they will use (that's the only automated consumer
of Receieved-SPF that I am aware of that's likely to be widely deployed
in the near term).

Thanks for the vote of confidence :-)  I would *hope* that they consume
the standard keywords (and I won't bother catering to any renaming of the
standard ones).  Spfmilter.py should probably produce the two headers,
rather than put helo result in an extended keyword.

But do they have the equivalent of a heuristic result?  And is my name
ok?  Or do you prefer another name?

This is their SVN commit where they added it:

http://tinyurl.com/yrg7rq

They have rules that give scores.  They have separate rules for Mail From and
HELO results, so I believe that separate headers with both results would be
useful.

I've got no strong opinion on the names, except that I think you ought to
include the second header for HELO results rather than make up a new one.

Scott K