Re: [spf-discuss] Re: TENBOX/E as an AUTH type

2007-04-05 11:20:37
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Michael Deutschmann wrote:

You've missed the most important step:

6a - the MX looks up a "v=tenbox1 ..." TXT record for fwd.example (or
whatever the domain part of the TENBOX token was), and does something
very similar to SPF with it.  If the result isn't PASS, then the MX has
detected a "meta-forgery" and should probably just 5xx the message.

That part seems superfluous to me.  Why not just use the real
SPF record for the 'fwd.example' domain?  I already do that without
the benefit of the proposed AUTH by just trying each forwarder in a
list in turn.  That is obviously very inefficient, and the AUTH
protocol would reduce that to trying just one forwarder.  So

 +1  for AUTH=originaluser(_at_)originaldest(_dot_)domain

and

 -1  for special new SPF like record type