RE: [spf-discuss] Blackberry and SPF

2007-04-24 06:46:10
Scott Kitterman <mailto:scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> wrote on Monday, April
23,
2007 5:37 PM -0500:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:49:27 -0400 (EDT) "Stuart D. Gathman"
<stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com> wrote:
Perhaps you have to buy some "enterprise" option to actually have
fully functional email?

Yes and it's a whole server package.  Blackberry is not really an
internet mail appliance IMO.  It is connected to the internet via a
proprietary mail gateway.  What I've done is test and find the small
number of IP addresses my customer's Blackberry provider uses and
had them add them to their SPF record.  Not a great solution, but
the best I've come up with.

Sounds practical.  Do these gateways change if your user travels?

--
Seth Goodman