Re: [spf-discuss] Domain keys , can it complement SPF

2007-05-24 03:37:22
On Thursday 24 May 2007 01:03, ram wrote:
Hi,
  I have been using SPF with spamassasin for my mailservers.
Unfortunately far too many domains do not put up SPF records. In order
to combat forged spams I plan to implement Domain keys too ( perl DK
plugin for SA)
Personally I dont see too much value in DK but I am surprised quiet a
few people do use DK

http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-6185904.html

Anyone of you using SPF and DK together. What are the problems I should
look out for ? Or is DK going to give me any real improvement

The only way DK/DKIM is really going to be useful to you, I think, is if a
domain asserts that it signs all messages throught the DK (or as yet
unwritten) DKIM policy components.  AFAIK, none do.

I've not looked into the Spamassassin implementation, but I'd imagine tagging
messages from known signers such as Yahoo! that didn't have a signature might
be useful.

Scott K