Re: [spf-discuss] Fwd: Google oddity (was: SPF)

2007-06-25 08:14:18
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Thomas Jacob wrote:

Gmail's SPF records end in "?all" thus prohibiting
normal SPF checkers to do anything (many larger
email providers seem to do this, if anybody could
shed light on the why, that'd be greatly appreciated).

We get around this problem by keeping a list
of larger email providers that do this sort of
thing, and then take action regardless of the "?all",
so far without any serious complaints (i.e. gmail.com's
records seem reliable).

We do the same thing - but in addition to manual policy setting,
we track reputation of domain:spfresult.  This way, the system
auto learns which domains should be reject on neutral, or reject
on pass for that matter.